Giving truly great presentations requires skill, work, and practice, giving catastrophic service to customers is far easier. So if you want to take the easy way out and look like a rank amateur, here are 11 surefire tips to guarantee that you leave a really, really bad impression.
1. Serve wrong wine. Failing to give right wine shows a complete lack of care. If you don’t care enough to improve your bar knowledge, your customers will care less about you and your service. It’s the easiest way to look unprofessional.
2.Spill out liqueur on your customers . Why have to use pour spout , let all liqueur on your customers and whenever he goes he can smell what you made. If you really want to use, try electrapour , have more fun.
3. Create distracting color combinations . Green and red is especially hard to drink and even look at, normally would be hard to taste. Like you mixed Absinthe with Sloe gin that would be a horrible combination.
4. Use inconsistent fonts . Professional bartenders need to continue invent new kinds of cocktail and keep fresh. But why should bring yourself so many troubles ? Just keep your style forever and serve the customers with the same cocktail and beer all the time.
5. Use a really small font size . If you really want to drive people crazy, say something like this: “I know you don’t like the color of the cocktail and kinds of disgusting, but if you could drink, you will love it …”
6. Look completely and totally disinterested . I attended a bar which the bartender hadn’t even bothered to bring a Martini glass when customers need a Martini, he just grab kinds of beer glasses and pour the Martini . He looks so hurried and ask his colleague, “when I can go?”
7. Look disheveled . If you really want to leave a bad impression, wear dirty jeans, worn, dirty shoes, and a stained shirt.
8. Prepare supper slowly. Better yet, turn your back to the customer and prepare your cocktail supper slowly.
9. Don’t practice. At all, practicing takes work and will make you look far too polished. Just wing it.
10. Call attention to your mistakes . If you want to show a complete lack of preparation, say something like “Oops, I have no idea how to do the cocktail.”
11. Chat with an offensive or off-color joke. Half your customer will walk out immediately
I hope you find some of these tips memorable enough to avoid them at all costs. But make no mistake, these presentation “techniques” are alive, well, and thriving. Just when I think I’ve seen or heard it all, someone has one more observation to add to the list. Feel free to contact us and I will add your own experiences without any hesitate. We look forward to hearing from you.